Above is a picture of my utmost favorite and dreamy paleo breakfast. It is usually followed by a bunch of people wanting to know how I poach my eggs and let me just admit…I certainly did not get it right from day one. Many over cooked eggs and even under cooked slime balls later I finally managed to master the art of doing it with the following steps. Good luck!
Perfectly Poached Eggs Steps
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (this will keep the egg in from spreading all over the place).
- Wait for the water to return to boiling again.
- Crack the shell of the egg slightly and hover just above the surface of the water, slowly break the egg in half allowing the egg white to slowly slip into the water and the yolk to follow.
- Repeat for the other eggs, I usually do about 4 but remember which order you dropped them in.
- Wait for the water to boil again (30 secs max) then take it off the heat and place a lid on top, set the timer for 3 minutes.
- Pull out each egg in the order you first put them in onto some paper towel (I use one of those plastic spoons with holes in them… yup real technical term there :P) and you can pat the tops dry if you want.
Hopefully at this stage you have a couple of perfectly poached eggs!